IBM Research – India (http://www.research.ibm.com/irl/, http://www.ibm.com/in/research) invites applications for its 2015 Internship Program in Computer Science, Mathematical Sciences and Services Science, Management & Engineering at its locations in New Delhi and Bangalore. We are seeking highly motivated graduate students, who are interested in experiencing an exciting summer of research. The selected students will have the opportunity to work closely with an outstanding research team on challenging problems that range from leading-edge exploratory work to prototyping real-world systems and applications. During the internship, the students will also have the opportunity to participate in the dynamic technical environment of the largest industrial research organization in the world and network with other students in different fields from other universities. We offer internship positions in various research areas such as:
* Business Analytics and Mathematical Sciences
* Information Management & Analytics
* Cognitive Solutions and Services
* Mobile & Telecom Research
* Productivity Tools and Software Engineering
* Smarter Planet Solutions
* Systems Research
At a high level, our internships serve a dual purpose:
* Interns bring in fresh ideas and perspectives to the lab and help us conduct world-class research, thus creating impact.
* IBM Research provides interns an environment where they experience a world-class industrial research setting.
We measure the success of our internships in one of the following ways:
* Projects done at internships are targeted towards top conferences and journals. Most of our interns have been successful in the past in publishing their papers in top conferences.
* Projects completed during the internships become part of larger research projects at IBM.
* The projects that the students participate in are also of interest to the universities that they come from and help increase collaborations with the universities.
Eligibility Criteria: Graduate (preferably PhD) students in Computer Science, Mathematical Science and Services Science, Management & Engineering and related.
Stipend and Relocation: The interns will be paid a stipend that is competitive with what other leading companies pay in India. IBM Research – India will also cover expenses related to travel to the work location and provide logistical support for accommodation. In the case of PhD interns, additional monetary support will also be provided for accommodation.
Location: New Delhi and Bangalore.
Application along with your latest CV can be submitted at: https://university-relations.in/wps/portal/internship
You must submit your internship application on or before January 31, 2015 for consideration in the 2015 program. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews in February 2015.
Detailed overview of our research groups, skills required for the projects and application process are mentioned in this document.